Thursday, August 4, 2016

JEFFREE STAR COSMETICS | Velour Liquid Lipstick + Skin Frost Review

Watch My YouTube Review Here
I ordered four liquid lipsticks and one skin frost highlighter when Jeffree did a big restock in June. I've never tried any of his products before and was really excited to get a lot of things on my makeup wish list when he restocked! I waited for a restock that had a lot of colors that I wanted so that I would reach the free shipping amount. The Velour Liquid Lipstick colors that I got were Unicorn Blood, Gemini, Celebrity Skin, and Mannequin. The Skin Frost that I got is Ice Cold. 

Ordering Process/Shipping
I didn't have any difficulties using Jeffree's site to order. I follow his personal Instagram and his company's Instagram so I knew exactly when the restock would be happening and logged onto the website when the products got released. 

They did not sell out super fast and when I checked a couple hours later the restocked products were still available to purchase. I believe some were even up for a few days, however the skin frost did sell out pretty quickly. Probably because this was only the second time it was released on his site. 

I have never seen every product on his site get restocked all at once, so most of the time a lot of items are sold out and you need to be aware of restock dates by checking social media. I waited for a larger restock (that restocked a lot of colors I wanted) so that I would reach the $100 amount to get free shipping. 

Shipping took 8 days. I saw Jeffree tweet out that shipping was taking longer because it was such a big restock and they had gotten a lot of orders. When it did arrive I was impressed with the packaging. The Skin Frost was bubble wrapped and everything was individually wrapped in it's own tissue paper, so it was like opening a bunch of little presents! Nothing arrived broken. 
Top to Bottom: Unicorn Blood, Gemini, Celebrity Skin, Mannequin 

Packaging/Formula
I love the hot pink packaging on all of Jeffree's products! 

The Skin Frost goes on smoothly and is very pigmented. I got the shade Ice Cold (which is a white highlight) and the first time I applied it I was impressed with how pigmented it was. I only needed to apply a little bit. The compact that the Skin Frost comes in is HUGE! It's a lot larger than my Becca highlighter (see pic for comparison) and has a mirror on the inside of the lid. 

I like the size of the Velour Liquid Lipsticks because they look very similar to non liquid lipsticks containers. Some have a Root Beer scent, which I wasn't a big fan of, but the scent didn't linger. 

These applied evenly, dried completely matte and lasted all day on my lips. I normally have really dry lips and applied lip conditioner before I put on the liquid lipsticks. I didn't have any problems with it feeling uncomfortable. 

Out of the four shades I got my favorite is Celebrity Skin for everyday wear. Unicorn Blood will be perfect for the fall/winter months and Gemini is also a great everyday color. However, I felt that Mannequin was a little light for my skin tone. 

Cost
The Skin Frosts cost $29 each. During their initial release you could purchase all four at a discounted rate but that option is no longer listed on the website. Currently there are four colors (Ice Cold, Peach Goddess, King Tut, and Mint Condition) and on social media Jeffree has shown other colors that will be coming in the future (a violet shade, black, and a dark gold one). 

The Velour Liquid Lipsticks cost $18 each. There are 26 colors listed online and Jeffree has shown swatches of new colors that are going to be released in the next couple months. I know he will also be coming out with metallic ones. 

Worth It?
I feel that both products are definitely worth the price. The highlighter is huge and the formula is very pigmented. The liquid lipsticks apply evenly and last for hours. Both prices are comparable to similar high end brands and their quality makes them worth the price. What I like about Jeffree's products is that there's a wide range of colors available so if you want something unique his line is definitely one you should check out.  

Everything purchased by me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment